Journaling is a written record of your thoughts, ideas, experiences, and observations. It can be done in words or drawings. There are no rules to journaling. Journaling can serve a range of purposes. Because I like lists and the number 10, I will use the rest of this blog to inform you about journaling in lists of 10! Lists are one way to journal.
Having a self care kit helps to keep you physically, emotionally, and intellectually strong. Self Care is known to improve your mood and well being. Self care can help relieve stress and leave you feeling more relaxed. Self care can also leave you feeling energized, inspired, nurtured, and creative. Creating a self care kit is a way of giving yourself permission to take care of your own needs. Continue reading “How To Start Your Own Self Care Kit”
Emotional self care is about connecting with your emotions. You need to give yourself permission to experience your emotions, even the sad ones. By acknowledging and then releasing your emotions many aspects of your life are improved. Emotional self care does not mean you will never experience bad times, anxiety, or depression. Instead you will gain better coping skills for those moments. You gain control over the way you think, feel, and respond to life.
As you may have guessed, Physical Self Care is about taking care of your body. Five main ways to do so are:
- A regular sleep routine: Getting 7-9 hours of sleep each night helps you wake up refreshed and ready to face the world.
- Eating well: Our bodies need 3 healthy meals per day in order to function at it’s best.
- Exercising: Exercising can be fun and helps keep our bodies strong.
- Good hygiene: Good hygiene helps prevent some problems/illnesses with our bodies.
- Health care: Maintaining good health helps our bodies maintain a longer and better quality of life.
What is Mindfulness? Being Mindful is about experiencing life as you live it, It’s about using our five senses to be aware of the world around us. It’s also about being in touch with your own thoughts and emotions. When you are mindful, you give yourself permission to slow down and live in the moment.