“By three methods we may learn wisdom:
First, by reflection, which is noblest;
Second, by imitation, which is easiest;
and third by experience, which is bitterest.”
January is now over. As I reflect back on the month, I remember so many good moments. The January Self Care Calendar Challenge (was posted in Facebook group Moments For “Me”) really helped me to remember to take time for myself. It also challenged me to try new things. I am excited to share with you a few of my reflections on January!
3 Things I Am Proud Of
- I am still doing my exercise routine! It’s part doctor assigned stretches and part yoga. I can now do 45 leg lifts and 45 crunches! I am looking forward to adding more yoga poses to my routine in February.
- I learned a lot of new technology getting this website up and running this month! I’ve learned to use Pinterest, Instagram, WordPress, hashtags, maven, and so much more. In February I look forward to creating a Twitter account and learning to use it.
- I am proud of all the people in the Facebook group Memories For “Me” that have also kept up with their fitness routine! I look forward to the group sharing more of their self care journey in February.
3 Things the Self Care Calendar Challenge Taught Me
- I love looking at the clouds in the sky! I spent hours as a kid staring at the clouds and as an adult I had forgotten to sit still and admire the clouds. The sky is really amazing!
- Photographing things forces me to slow down and see a smaller picture than the broad view I typically see. Nature is beautiful up close and singled out!
- There is a creative side to me that wants out more frequently! I’ve always enjoyed coloring over the years and a few crafts. Now there are so many more skills in the art world that I want to learn!
Things I’m Looking Forward To In the February Self Care Calendar Challenge
- Creating a care package for someone I think could benefit from one.
- Going for a walk and photographing beautiful things in nature
- Trying Art Journaling
- Reading some poetry
- Representing “Me”
January has been a great month for “Me”. I hope you will join in on the February Self Care Calendar Challenge. It really is fun and a great way to learn more about yourself and your needs.